Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Great Strides and the announcement of a lifetime

I know I know, I haven't posted in forever but I have been super busy! I participated in the Annapolis Great Strides Walk on June 2, and let me just say it was an amazing experience! My team raised over $2,000 and the whole Annapolis chapter did over $300,000! I am already overly excited for starting next years fundraising. At the walk, I also received amazing news from a lady from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I am without a vest(an airway clearance device which is almost mandatory when fighting CF), due to financial reasons. What average 20 year old who goes to college full time can really afford a device that costs $20,000?? Anyways, the lady came up to me and basically said they're going to get me a vest. I have never been so happy in my life! All I could think about was, Wow this is why we need to get more help for the foundation. This foundation is a blessing to my life, and I'm sure I am not the only one. So leave my page with this thought, think about how you might be saving a life when asked to donate to CFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment