Friday, October 5, 2012

Oompa Loompa :(

I love candy.I love chocolate and ice-cream and cake.Basically, you could stick a straw in a bag of Domino sugar and I would suck it up and chase it with a nice glass of Mountain Dew.So it's no surprise that as I sat across from the dr today and she was describing this new "insulin resistance" that my body has, I was quite emotional. How can I be 20 years old and have diabetes already? Well, the truth is, it stems from the Cystic Fibrosis. I was expecting it to come eventually, as many people have warned me about it. So I get handed this packet and I have no where to start? So, here on my blog, I'll be able to document my progress,my pitfalls of this Diabetes journey. I have to follow the a-typical diabetic diet for two months and then get my blood insulin levels checked again. These blood insulin levels were at 125 and my fasting glucose was over 150 both times. So here's a new journey and Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment