Thursday, September 26, 2013

A day to process

I am not a big fan of feeling sorry for yourself. I constantly tell myself that you "just have to do it". But as I sit here, drinking a cup of coffee, and laying on my couch, I am well aware that sometimes you just need to remember you are not a superhero. I have pushed myself for far too long, and I believe those long hours that I have spent working,dancing, staying up all night, are finally catching up to me. I have never felt so weak in my own body, I have never felt so powerless. There is power in knowing that I have spent most of my life living on the edge, defying the odds. I am at peace with knowing that it is time to slow down. I realize that I may not be able to work forever, and maybe I won't be able to work at all. Hopefully this will all sort out with the upcoming surgery and treatments that I will be receiving, but if it isn't, it's ok. My favorite saying is, "It's ok to not be ok" and that's what gets me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment