Monday, November 4, 2013

The month of giving thanks!


I love fall.
I love Christmas.
I love everything that has to do with pumpkins, apples, gingerbreads, orange and red, and well you get the picture.

To be on bedrest while my favorite season is passing by is so painful-luckily I have a set of beautiful french doors that allow plenty of light and fall colors in.

I did make it to an apple orchard for the first time ever.It was so much fun to be outside and enjoying the fresh air. We picked apples, went on a hayride, and best of all I was able to spend it with two of my very best friends and my boyfriend.

So obviously, there are things that I am thankful for.
I can run a list a mile long: my life, my family, my friends, my boyfriend, my job, having the ability to take care of myself, etc but there is one thing that has stuck in my mind.

Determination.
Don't get me wrong-I think you need to give credit where credit is due and I try not to take advantage of things I have been gifted, but if I didn't have determination where would I be really?

I would be sickly because I wouldn't be determined to fight.
I would be lonely because I wouldn't be determined to put the effort back into relationships.
I would be swamped with medical bills because I would've given up on work a long time ago.
I would feel worthless because I wouldn't do anything to make myself happy.


Determination is what gets me through each and every other day, so for that I am forever grateful.
What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment