Monday, February 25, 2013

Making it in the real world

Well. My colonoscopy came back with terrible results. We found more problems than expected and quite frankly, I'm having a hard time letting it all soak in. I just keep telling myself that I don't have time for this. I'm not sure if it's not having time, or the fact that I am scared out of my skull that something else is wrong. Do you ever feel like there are a million arguements going on inside of your head? That's how I've felt for the past 4 days. I haven't even been able to blog because I just feel like my thoughts are going in circles and circles. I am going to have to start infusions and new medicines to try and help my colon issues out. I have to do this on top of my normal treatments and clinic appointments. On top of being a full-time student. On top of working 30 hours a week. On top of going to an internship 16-20 hours a week. I don't know how to handle it all. I don't know how at 20 years old, I am already supposed to prioritize my life and give up things that are important me due to my health. I try to talk to my friends and family. They are all super supportive but it's always the same answer in the end "we'll get through it.". I suppose I can't expect them to say much else, or to fix what I'm going through. I just wish there was some guidance somewhere to make this easier. I don't want to sound mean and say they don't understand either, but sometimes that's just how I feel. Sometimes there is just so much pain, hurt, and confusion in my life that I wish I could share with someone, but that would be asking too much. Overall, I would say this post is pretty pointless, but I just had to get some of this stuff off of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment