Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Unknown of Cystic Fibrosis

When I get sick, I always wonder is this CF sick or another kind of sick? Does anyone else do that? Most of the times I brush it off as CF sick, but as I mentioned in my last post,something has been going on lately that I haven't been able to shake.

Insert IV here.
That's right.I broke down and went to the Emergency Room. After my sugar continually kept dropping, and I grew even more nauseated and dizzy, I knew I needed some medical attention. The results from the ER were that in a mere 3 days in between getting lab work done from my doctor, and this day, I had developed a serious bacterial infection. When you stack a bacterial infection on top of my current symptoms that are being looked at by GI-we had caught my body beginning to crash.The ER started me on some rounds of antibiotics and were able to give me some insulin and fluids to get me feeling at least better than what I was when I went in.I'll be following up with GI on Friday for the other problems that I'm having, and hopefully I'll be able to get back into my little routine of a life soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment