Monday, February 11, 2013

Positive thoughts to start the week

I keep my blog so that I can really inform people about the good,the bad, and the ugly about Cystic Fibrosis. To me, my blog is about letting people into my life to see it's not always rainbows and butterflies. But I've noticed that the more that I post, the more I really don't post anything positive at all on my blog, or anything too much more than stuff that's Cystic Fibrosis related. So as I read other Cyster and Fibro's blogs-one particularly caught my eye. It's a woman named Colleen over at *Live*Laugh*Love*Breathe. She has a feature on her blog called Positive Thoughts Thursday.Every Thursday she takes the time to point out the positive things in her life-whether it's health related, family, love,work, or whatever. It really inspired me as a new blogger to really focus on taking some time to show people the positive in my life too. Of course my life is a roller coaster ride due to CF, but as you can see in my about me-I consider my life a beautiful disaster. Her posts really opened my eyes that I need to share the good too, and to show people that CF doesn't control my whole entire life. So with that being said, if I ever feel as if my blog is just being a depressing place to be or needs a little cheering up, I'm going to share a few things in my life that are going right in my life!



  • This week(February 15th actually), I get to celebrate being with my amazing boyfriend for 4 years. It has been an awesome 4 years and I can't believe that I have had the privilege of spending it with someone so special. 
  • With all of my health issues going on, I am still attending school full-time. This is my last semester and this is the first time that I have absolutely loved all of my classes. The people in the classes can be a little nutty, but the classes are really great.
  • I am so glad that I have such a great GI team at Johns Hopkins. Through this whole process they have been extremely punctual and helpful. Within the 2 weeks that they have gotten involved we have already had an appointment with them, labs done, CTS and ultrasounds done, and my colonoscopy is scheduled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment